Switching direction of internally connected circuits.

Started by Svebster, October 17, 2016, 09:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svebster

Hi,

I'm just in the process of building a stomp box with 2 separate effects that can be either used by itself or, when both turned on, used together as a chain.
So now, I want to include an internal switch to change direction of the chain. Effect 1 then 2 or the other way 'round.
I wanted to use a DPDT ON-ON slide switch and my thought was to pre-connect the 2 directions and switch the In- and Output jacks, But in this case I would have IN1 permanently connected with OUT2 and IN2 permanently connected with OUT1. Would that work?
Otherwise I could use a switch that can switch 3 separate circuits so would have 9 lugs (does that even exist) and Connect everything separately.
That's probably a better idea, seeing it written out right?
My other question would be, is there a common way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

samhay

I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

anotherjim

If you plan a slide switch, I don't suppose you want foot operated, so why not a "radio" type latching push switch?

I had some of this type which came mounted in a round panel holder/button combo with a "magic eye" indicator. There's a transparent cap and when latched in, you see a bright orange colour in the cap & turns black when latched out. Totally passive.
Are they still out there?
Anyway, same wiring as Geofex 4-pole has it.

Svebster

That definitely looks like a cool switch! But i think I'll keep it internally so I'm using either a small 3PDT slide switch or 3 SPDT switches to mount directly on to the board. Thanks

duck_arse

interesting - no amount of source digging allows me to see that switch!

QuoteSecure connection: fatal error (40)

I used to work behind a parts counter, and we would custom config those switches, with the flapping indicators and the locking interlocks and the million poles and and and. ?schadow? was that the brand?
don't make me draw another line.

anotherjim

I find one image of a 6 pole beast...

...with zero vendor/manufacturer info on the page hosting it.
But that's the exact kind. It would have to go in the side of a stomp box as even the 4 pole is quite long.