A/B switch for an expression pedal

Started by Crackers, October 19, 2016, 06:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackers

Hi, I require an A/B switch for an expression pedal, so 1 input (rocker expression pedal) with to 2 outputs (for two different pedals with expression inputs) then I thought let's have an on/off switch for the expression input. I could not find a wiring diagram so I drew one myself.

https://instagram.com/p/BLwvbTrBZEb/

Are there any obvious errors in my drawing?

I'm new to DIY but have been making cables for a while.

Any feedback is appreciate

Thanks
Craig

GGBB

If I'm reading it correctly, looks like you need to move the bypass switch outputs from the bottom row to the middle row. Otherwise the exp toggle switch inputs are never connected to anything. (Either that or move the bypass inputs from the top row to the middle row if the bypass LED is supposed to be on when in bypass mode.)
  • SUPPORTER

Crackers

Thank you, I now understand, and thinking the light should identify when the pedal is on and not in bypass mode.

Funny I was not sure if having nothing connected to the other lugs of the bypass switch would cause an issue, then I thought it would be just like unplugging the expression pedal.

My next step was going to be putting a tap tempo in the same box, and then I remembered my delay pedal is a Moog mf-104z that uses CV to control the parameters externally.

I am now thinking to control the tempo CV by your foot (to save space and not to use another rocker pedal) maybe I can use a slider potentiometer. Has anyone done this or know how to wire this up?

Craig