Tonebender mk2 - mid scoop

Started by livinlavidaloca, October 23, 2016, 05:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livinlavidaloca

Hi!

I've built a mk2 TB and it sounds great! I think a mid scoop option would be a great addition to this circuit. Any ideas where to start?

GibsonGM

Boost bass AND treble, leaving the mids behind as a scoop?    Would have to add some circuitry tho, and it would probably change the original 'mojo' of the TB. 

Look at the Big Muff tone control for one idea...a tilt control, will allow bass boost, mid scoop, or treble boost...still needs a recovery stage, tho.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Ben Lyman

Yes, the Big Muff applies a nice mid scoop on it's own.
Check out this tone stack that anotherjim helped me with for my amp in this thread:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=114995.msg1068808#msg1068808

Here's just the tone part, it has a DPDT toggle switch added to the tone stack to let the mids pass through when I don't want the scoop:
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai