Through Zero Flanger with Tap Tempo thoughts and advice???

Started by brokenstarguitar, October 26, 2016, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenstarguitar

I need some advice. I want to build a through Zero flanger with tap tempo. Now my first question is, does anyone know of a through zero flanger layout? I've been searching everywhere without success.

Now besides that, my second question is, is it possible to achieve the tap tempo portion with the Sabrotone "Lfo Tap Tempo V3", 8 pin or 14 pin IC?
( http://www.sabrotone.com/?shopp_page=shop )   

I was originally thinking about using the Electric Druid TapLfo but believe it's only for PT2399 delays, correct?

Now if there's no through zero flanger layouts out there I was thinking I could use the Geofex Ultra Flanger (with a few modifications) but still need to know if the tap tempo part will work as planned. If anyone with experience with one or both of the tap tempo chips could give some thought or feedback I'd appreciate it. Thanks once again guys!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: brokenstarguitar on October 26, 2016, 04:56:11 PM
I was originally thinking about using the Electric Druid TapLfo but believe it's only for PT2399 delays, correct?

Not correct. It won't work for tap tempo delay with a PT2399. It's a tap tempo *LFO*, so it's the LFO frequency which is set by the taps. You could use it to add modulation to a PT2399 delay, but that wouldn't be a "tap tempo PT2399 delay", it'd be a "PT2399 delay with tap tempo modulation".

As such, you could use it as the LFO for a flanger and you'd be able to set the flanger's "whoosh" rate by tapping. I don't know of a through-zero design you could use though - it's not something I've ever looked into, sorry.

HTH,
Tom