Question about a spesific fuzz pedal and possibly similar designs

Started by cytt0rak, November 20, 2016, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cytt0rak

Hello, I've been trying to figure out MXR Sub machine and MXR la machine, I couldn't find any gutshots of it to understand the components used. Is there any similar device that I could build? Can I mix a fuzz design with an octave design?

GibsonGM

Hi, welcome to the forum....how about an Octavia?  It was good enough for Hendrix  :)  Not too hard to build, but you will have to order a small transformer for it, not a big deal at Small Bear or somewhere.

Look on the net for "Tychobrahe Octavia" to find a schematic, it is very common.

When I 'hear talk' about a pedal I don't know, I go on Youtube and find it, see what it might sound like - you could do that, too, for Octavia or whatever.

Good luck! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

cytt0rak

Quote from: GibsonGM on November 20, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum....how about an Octavia?  It was good enough for Hendrix  :)  Not too hard to build, but you will have to order a small transformer for it, not a big deal at Small Bear or somewhere.

Look on the net for "Tychobrahe Octavia" to find a schematic, it is very common.

When I 'hear talk' about a pedal I don't know, I go on Youtube and find it, see what it might sound like - you could do that, too, for Octavia or whatever.

Good luck!

Thanks, while looking for octavia I found a possible equivalent (maybe this mxr one is modded version of it) called foxx tone machine, I'm going to try that out.

EBK

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

antonis

Don't underestimate the Fender Blender.. :icon_wink:

(or P.E. Clean Octave Blend  or  Green Ringer Octave BLEnd..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..