I Messed Up My 3PDT Wiring

Started by turdadactyl, November 20, 2016, 08:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdadactyl

I could use a little debugging assistance.  I've been using the 3PDT true bypass wiring from http://stinkfoot.se/archives/2233 for all my breadboarding.  Works great with the battery wired right to the board.

I tried to add a battery, DC jack, and stereo input bypass, while using the same basic 3PDT wiring and it's not working properly.  The LED lights when the switch is on and in bypass the signal passes through no problem.  However, when the switch is on I'm not getting any signal coming through.  Can anybody see what I screwed up?  The top shows how I've been wiring things.  The bottom is what I have now.

chuckd666

I use this 3PDT wiring

I just found this which might be good for your need for a battery:

rutabaga bob

All the dc jack, battery, stereo input power switch stuff has nothing to do with the 3pdt switch.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

turdadactyl

I have to disagree with that statement.  When you're using your switch to route everything it has everything to do with it.

rutabaga bob

I understand your point.

Looking at the drawing, the 3PDT switch connections appear to be the same...I would have to think the issue is with the dc jack/battery/ring wiring.  Sorry that's not much help.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

smarkalet1

1: have you tested your effect board to make sure it is ok?
2: have you tested the lugs on your switch for proper continuity? Sometimes people heat up each lug for too long causing internal shorts.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

turdadactyl

1) yes
EDIT: 2) Yes.  Working fine.