Pcb layout help. Pads for 9mm pot placement?

Started by davepedals, November 21, 2016, 09:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davepedals

I'm working on a new project with PCB mount pots.  I think I did pretty good considering it's the first time using a 1590A type enclosure, however things are a bit tighter than I would like them. So I've decided to switch from 16mm to 9mm pots.  I'll Have to rework the pcb pads of course. 

Am I correct that on the 16mm pots that the lugs are 10mm apart from pin 1 to pin 3? And 9mm pot lugs are 5mm apart pins 1 to 3?  Also - Does anyone happen to have a PCB layout with one-to-one artwork with the 9mm pcb mount pot pads on it that I could download?  And yes – I had to reread this nine times for my own clarity!  ;-)>>> BTW - All Tayda pots being used.

Thank you for any help!
dave

Phoenix

9mm pots are made by many manufacuturers in many different formats. You'll need to look up the datasheet or at least tell us the model/series number of the pots you are using if you need more help.

davepedals

Pots are from Tayada, Alpha 9mm pcb mount. A PCB layout with one-to-one artwork with the 9mm pcb mount pot pads on it would be most helpful.  There is a PDF file but for some reason it will not open on my PC.
dave

Phoenix

There are two DIFFERENT  9mm Alpha pots available at Tayda...

davepedals

SKU-A 1863
1K OHM Linear Taper Potentiometer Round Knurled Plastic Shaft PCB 9mm
dave

Phoenix

The PDF works fine for me (do you have Acrobat Reader installed and updated, as well as its plugin/extension for the browser you are using?), but here is a screen capture of the relevant information:

J0K3RX

Quote from: davepedals on November 21, 2016, 10:58:27 PM
A PCB layout with one-to-one artwork with the 9mm pcb mount pot pads on it would be most helpful.

Not sure what that means...?  :icon_rolleyes:

Here is a tube screamer with 9mm pots, download the build doc pdf file will give a little more detail.
http://www.stomptownelectronics.com/screamin-baby.html
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

davepedals

Thanks!  I have Adobe installed and updated, perhaps I got a corrupt download.

What I meant was a layout for a PCB, any pcb with the 9mm pot I specified.  And "One to one art" indicates that the layout prints exact size in order to produce a pcb.
Thanks for help!
dave