Sine Wave Generator For Driving LED

Started by Agung Kurniawan, November 24, 2016, 11:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agung Kurniawan

hi everyone..
im looking for wave generator to driving some LED. once i have seen in phasor effect but i forgot the name was.
can you please recomend me some sine wave generator?
did LFO on some chorus pedal can be used to drive LED?
Multiple gain stage followed by some active EQ is delicious.

Rob Strand

Checkout the Boss VB-2 and the Black Ross Phase (the 3rd version, it uses a LM13600N).
As I recall the Ross phaser is quadratic not sine but it sounds smooth.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

GibsonGM

The LFO section of the Easy Vibe is good, too. Easy, and uses any (singles or) dual opamp.  Triangle, but that is appropriate for driving LEDs (which is what it was designed to do).
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

amptramp

The LED output is directly proportional to current, so drive from a current source makes more sense than trying to drive from a voltage source.  The Howland Current Source is my favourite:

and the mathematics is here:

and the final answer is here:

I ran into this one in an avionics application where there was a linearized temperature sensor driven by the constant current and the output of the op amp was a voltage proportional to the resistance.  Drive the Vref input with a sine wave and you get sine wave light output.

Kipper4

Phase shift oscillator will also work.
Google Magnavibe or use the forum search facility and look at the lfo.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Agung Kurniawan

ok thanks! that was really helping...
you guys rock ;)
Multiple gain stage followed by some active EQ is delicious.

Kevin Mitchell

I'll just leave this here;

The LFO used in the tremshifter is great. I use it all of the time - mostly for an on-the-fly LFO. You can find similar versions used in something like the Causality that has much more controls to mess with. I'll be tinkering with this stuff again tonight.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

rutabaga bob

Are you looking to drive an led in sync with the lfo, or to light up as you play?  If the latter, refer to Deadastronaut's 'Sound-to-Light'.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper