positive ground DC jack wiring?

Started by carboncomp, November 30, 2016, 04:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carboncomp

Have a positive ground pedal i want to power with a isolated 9v Voodoolabs Power 2+

dose someone have a diagram on how best to do this?

rutabaga bob

Assuming the power supply is the standard center-negative plug, just run the normally-a-ground-wire to the power input on your circuit, and run the normally-the-power wire to the circuit ground.

A long way of saying 'swap the wires at the board'.  (sorry for the verbosity...it's early - for me)
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

carboncomp

Quote from: rutabaga bob on November 30, 2016, 06:53:55 AM
Assuming the power supply is the standard center-negative plug, just run the normally-a-ground-wire to the power input on your circuit, and run the normally-the-power wire to the circuit ground.

A long way of saying 'swap the wires at the board'.  (sorry for the verbosity...it's early - for me)

So, like this?

rutabaga bob

I didn't know you also were including a battery.  The way you show this, the positive of the battery is connected to the large negative lug of the jack, which is STILL NEGATIVE from the power supply.  This will not fly.  Leave the battery and jack connection standard, and just swap the leads at the board.

carboncomp

Quote from: rutabaga bob on November 30, 2016, 02:14:44 PM
I didn't know you also were including a battery.  The way you show this, the positive of the battery is connected to the large negative lug of the jack, which is STILL NEGATIVE from the power supply.  This will not fly.  Leave the battery and jack connection standard, and just swap the leads at the board.

So.....like this?

rutabaga bob

I think that should do it...double-check with your multimeter.

slacker

Yeah that will do it, if you're doing the stereo input jack switching to disconnect the battery when you're not using the pedal then the red wire wants to go to the ring of the input jack not straight to ground. There's a good diagram here http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_3pdt_tb_pnp_dcj_gi.pdf