Question About Using One 7805 For Two PT2399

Started by Agung Kurniawan, December 05, 2016, 06:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agung Kurniawan

Hi everyone..
Since I planing to build Dual Delay (yes, dual not stereo) its just a dual PT2399 circuit with one inverting opamp mixer at the end.

Both mix and feedback will be the same value wich controled by 2 stereo pot when I can vary the time using separate mono pot. So it give me dual delay line but not setero.

Maybe in the future I will build the quad or even octa delay. Just watching John Petrucci guitar rig and his delay its awesome. I like the way it sound kind of a making a 'patern' :D

As I say, will it be problem to using one regulator to feed two 2399 chip?

And also there will be volume boost (since I mixing three signal into one. The clean and the 2 delayed signal) when I enggage this pedal. Which one is better between vary the volume using vol pot or maybe vary the gain of the opamp mixer?
Thanks...
Multiple gain stage followed by some active EQ is delicious.

Ice-9

There won't be any problem at all, just make sure you use a regulator that can supply enough current to power everything it needs to supply. A small 78l05 can supply a max of 100mA which will most likely be enough for what you require.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

anotherjim

It will be fine.
Take the time to study the Equinox reverb. The general layout is very efficient. You can use one of the PT2399 op-amps to mix both delays. It's a reverb, but only because the delay times are fixed short for that role rather than repeat delay.

duck_arse

I was doing this very thing today, 2 pt2399's in series, with a seperate mix pot for delay 1 and 2, and feedback pot taken from delay 2. it is an interesting sound. let me know if you want to compare circuits.

also, 2 pt's from a 7805 = fine.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Agung Kurniawan

Quote from: duck_arse on December 05, 2016, 08:46:15 AM
I was doing this very thing today, 2 pt2399's in series, with a seperate mix pot for delay 1 and 2, and feedback pot taken from delay 2. it is an interesting sound. let me know if you want to compare circuits.

also, 2 pt's from a 7805 = fine.
Such a interesting build. My design is just kind of a Triton Delay circuicity but with 1 more 2399 delay line and its paralel.
Do you have a sound clip for your build, i want to hear it.
But still I didnt get the way you wire the 2399 and the pot. Do you have the schematic?

duck_arse

Agung - see here:

http://i.imgur.com/I6vYTLh.png

this is an incomplete schem, showing only the audio path. if anyone would like to correct/comment on the config, feel free. there is no audio clip. (with an LDR setting delay time at the 'late delay' pin 6, you can have all sorts of repeat chasing fun.)
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Mark Hammer

The Tonepad Rebote 3 uses three PT2399 chips and a single 78L05 TO-92-style regulator.  I can confirm that it operates problem-free.

Agung Kurniawan