Tonepad Sansamp GT2 Volume knob too sensitive

Started by master008, December 08, 2016, 09:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master008

hi, I've finished my Sansamp GT2 from Tonepad, It works fine, but the Volume knob is too sensitive,  is so loud that I can't move it from 8 o'clock. When i turn slightly the knob it turns the volume extremely high which makes it really difficult to adjust the volume.
I wondered if this is normal, has this happened to those who have built it ?, or is there something wrong with mine. If so, how can I fix this?
I'm using IC's NE5532,  the pots are 100k Lin., transistor  2N3904

thanks for your help...

bloxstompboxes

A quick guess would be the linear volume pot. Although, that is what is shown in the schematic. However, that may have been all Francisco had available to him at the time. We hear logarithmicly so you might try an audio/logarithmic pot. An A100k would be what you are looking for.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

potul

Linear is ok. This is what should be. I have my GT2 with all linear pots and works like a charm.
The GT2 can be damn loud, specially is you use high gains. I usually have the volume set at about 10-11, and it's fine. There  must be something else not working properly.

Does this happen with all the amp models?