An interesting pedal just gifted to me

Started by pdavis68, December 19, 2016, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdavis68

Thanks for the info.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the existing circuits are potted in silicone, so they're not fixable themselves. They can actually remain where they are and I can simply unplug them from the controls. There's plenty of space inside this box, so I can just stuff my replacement circuits in there with the old ones and just plug my circuits into the controls.

The box itself has no real value. It's not related to the original circuit.

The original circuit has already been modified, in fact, in the sense that the Master Volume pot was replaced with an input jack. That, I believe, is the only modification that was made to make it an outboard effect.

I could even wire in a foot switch without having to alter the original electronics. That may be worthwhile as well.

aron

pdavis68

Well, apparently not so much. For a while he actually sold replacement modules on his web site, then stopped and started making the details available:

http://www.tdl-tech.com/superaxe.htm

Mid-page there's a "Click here to download the file."

And it's got schematics and details of how to build all the components. He even has a recipe for his water-based flux cleaner in the .zip file. lol.

Gordo

Super-Axe was a very cool guitar. Even in its prime it never caught on much. I only saw Chet play one live once. I kick myself cuz I'd seen a few of them in music stores in the 80's and they couldn't give them away.
Bust the busters
Screw the feeders
Make the healers feel the way I feel...