Parameter Shift/Glissando effect

Started by belyheart, December 21, 2016, 12:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belyheart

Hi, please let me know if this is the wrong way of going about thing.

I'm looking for a circuit that would allows a gradual and modifiable shift between a single parameters position. 

I've seen this implemented in a few delay circuits but not just this function exclusively like I see LFO/Mod boards.

This basically allows two presets to be selectable and the shift can create unique sonics.  I'd imagine a few caps and pots would be required. 

I just don't know what to search for or if this part of circuits has been isolated.

Culturejams Neptune Delay and Triton Delay have the function.  The Triton even has a knob for the "slowness" of the shift which is very much what I'm looking for if anyone can point me in any kind of direction.

samhay

It's context dependent - specifically, which paramater(s) do you have in mind?
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

cloudscapes

Unless I'm misunderstanding the feature, you're looking at something involving a bunch of programming work and digital pots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

idiot savant

Quote from: belyheart on December 21, 2016, 12:50:35 AM
Hi, please let me know if this is the wrong way of going about thing.

I'm looking for a circuit that would allows a gradual and modifiable shift between a single parameters position. 

I've seen this implemented in a few delay circuits but not just this function exclusively like I see LFO/Mod boards.

This basically allows two presets to be selectable and the shift can create unique sonics.  I'd imagine a few caps and pots would be required. 

I just don't know what to search for or if this part of circuits has been isolated.

Culturejams Neptune Delay and Triton Delay have the function.  The Triton even has a knob for the "slowness" of the shift which is very much what I'm looking for if anyone can point me in any kind of direction.

I took a a look at the circuits you mentioned. The neptune has a very simple mechanism set up to charge/discharge a cap which provides a simple envelope. It's coupled to a LED/LDR combo. The LDR is in parallel with the delay time pot.

Like Samhay said, it's context dependent. This kinda setup really only works on controls that are variable resistors.

There are lotsa different ways to do this.

Here's a VCA circuit I did with an analog envelope generator, which is a modification of a Ray Wilson MFOS circuit:

I also posted a digital envelope generator with a buncha features a few months ago:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=115900.0

belyheart

I was really thinking about having two delay times. The 1776 also has this circuit and a few instructions on how to change the speed at which it works by replacing r33 & r31 I think it was. There's a small section that contains those parts and I was thinking if I isolated that part it may be it but I don't know. Haven't done things from scratch.