Aion Refractor Klon Clone help

Started by broomhandle, December 30, 2016, 12:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broomhandle

yeah just saw that... only one jack is backwards... thank you for pointing that out. sometimes when I wire these i have kids yelling in the background to help me concentrate....

EBK

Quote from: broomhandle on January 03, 2017, 11:41:45 AM
yeah just saw that... only one jack is backwards... thank you for pointing that out. sometimes when I wire these i have kids yelling in the background to help me concentrate....

I'd have to take another look, but I thought BOTH were backwards....

On the left jack (input jack), it should be GREEN to SLEEVE, GRAY to TIP.
On the right jack (output jack), it should be WHITE to TIP, SLEEVE unconnected.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

broomhandle

cool thank you, I will double check when I get a moment...

banjerpickin

Quote from: EBK on January 03, 2017, 11:48:31 AM
Quote from: broomhandle on January 03, 2017, 11:41:45 AM

I'd have to take another look, but I thought BOTH were backwards....

Seconded, they are both backwards.  I'll bet that makes a difference in sound getting through!  ;D
Almost always testing Cunningham's law.

broomhandle

so,

not working...

wired correct, and I get a pop noise, as in a pattern. when i engage the ped, the led blinks low and same pop pattern.

I still can not get pass thru.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QK8qQg]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/PDdKwS]

broomhandle

EBK

Check to see if your jacks are shorting against the enclosure or the stomp switch when your have a cord plugged into them.  It looks awfully close from the angle of the pics.
  • SUPPORTER

broomhandle

I had closed jacks before and it had the same issue. I feel it has to be a short. i will look again but I believe the jacks are not touching.

midwayfair

Quote from: broomhandle on January 05, 2017, 12:25:26 PM
I had closed jacks before and it had the same issue. I feel it has to be a short. i will look again but I believe the jacks are not touching.

Use your multimeter for continuity.

Electrons are really really tiny. Human eyes are no good for this task.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

broomhandle

I would not know what to check... I am still new to this... I built 2 of aion's boards before, no problems... this one just dose not like me...

bluebunny

Quote from: broomhandle on January 05, 2017, 12:39:17 PM
I would not know what to check...

Set your multimeter to continuity mode:

Then go around touching places that shouldn't be connected to each other.  If the multimeter makes a noise that scares the bejaysus out of you, then they're (unexpectedly) connected.  If you don't have a noisy setting like this, just put it on a resistance setting.  If you get zero, then you also have continuity.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

I think you have the zener diode (part no. Z1) backwards on your board.  The side with the black stripe should be to the right.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

I think Eric may have won the Internet this week.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

broomhandle

this guy?

one should be the opposite way correct?

EBK

• SUPPORTER

broomhandle

EBK

Quote from: broomhandle on January 05, 2017, 06:04:23 PM
so which part is backwards?
Z1.  Look at the picture of the board in the build docs and find it.  It's right up by the PGND pad I helped you find last time.  It is orange with a black line on one end.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

• SUPPORTER

broomhandle

I see... crap. so prob can not re-use that right? pull it and get a new one? ugh...

I totally see now..  8)

EBK

Quote from: broomhandle on January 05, 2017, 06:32:00 PM
I see... crap. so prob can not re-use that right? pull it and get a new one? ugh...

I totally see now..  8)
it may be still good.  Assuming it has been hanging in there continually shorting your power supply, it seems to have a lot of fight in it.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER