Wiring a custom Vibrato / Reverb footswitch for two Fender Princeton Reverbs RI

Started by electron translator, May 15, 2017, 02:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electron translator

I have two Fender Princeton Reverb Reissues and want to simultaneously control the vib/rev on each of them. Example: two switches (vib + rev) and two jacks (one to each amp). Clicking the "vib" switch turns on/off vibrato for both amps, similar behavior for reverb. I'd like to have LEDs indicate the on/off state of each as well.

Could someone help me out with parts/schematic for this?

thermionix

Quote from: electron translator on May 15, 2017, 02:22:42 PM
I have two Fender Princeton Reverb Reissues and want to simultaneously control the vib/rev on each of them. Example: two switches (vib + rev) and two jacks (one to each amp). Clicking the "vib" switch turns on/off vibrato for both amps, similar behavior for reverb. I'd like to have LEDs indicate the on/off state of each as well.

Could someone help me out with parts/schematic for this?

You can switch both amps together for each function pretty easily.  You just need double pole switches, single throw or double throw wired as single throw.  For LEDs you will need power to light them up.  The PRRI doesn't send power to the footswitch like some amps do, so you would want to put a battery in the footswitch itself.  And to turn the LEDs on and off you would need a third pole on your switches.  So two 3PST or 3PDT stomp switches.  3PDT are more common, easier to find.  You would also need an enclosure, wire/cable, battery and clip, two LEDs, and two resistors for the LEDs.  I could draw you a schematic, but you wouldn't be able to see it.

Edit:  I forgot plugs.  I think the reissues use stereo (TRS) 1/4" plugs, one for each amp.