Fuzz octave with blend

Started by DanishRock, January 03, 2017, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanishRock

Hi people. I would like to build a octavian type fuzz. But where the octave can be blended with a potmeter (maybe foot controlled)
Anyone know of a kit ? Build schematic???

Best
Carsten, denmark

stonerbox

It exists very simple blending circuits so I suggest you build an Octavianish fuzz and simply add the blend to it.

However a common problem is that fuzz and clean signal rarely mix together in a balanced way since fuzz is super smashed and clean guitar is quite dynamic. A solution to this issue could be to add a boost and diode clipping to the clean side or even perhaps a simple compressor circuit. But by all means try mixing clean and Octavia and see how you digg it maybe it is exactly what you are after? Only you can decide.

One example with only a booster for the clean side is the 360 Bass Fuzz v4.
http://moosapotamus.net/ideas/acoustic-360-bass-fuzz/
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

thomasha

I tried somethig similar with a modified green ringer circuit, just adding a resistance between one of the diodes.
It's light controlled, using a led ldr pair. Still need a trimpot to make the light calibration, as it is it changes from half octave to full too fast.
Maybe using a expression pedal would be a nice idea

stonerbox

My interpretation of your question was a tiny bit of a failure. Tiny.
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

DanishRock

just to make it clear, its not a clean/fuzz that the client wants to blend, but the fuzz/ octave
He has decided to get a rehouising of a VIsual sound angry Fuzz.... it can do this.. but is a bit noisy (but arnt all fuzz???)