Modding DIY OCD. Switching parts for ultimate tweaks?

Started by MateuszKaczmarczyk, January 04, 2017, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MateuszKaczmarczyk

I'm about to build a simple OCD clone.
Here's schematics:

Now, about modding...
I think I can get some good results just with some switching. You know: bigger resistor here, smaller capasitor there.

What do you suggest for some less harsh, more of a mello highs, and just a little bit more bass? Maybe less mids.

Thanks.

dbp512

Check out aion's titan, which is based off the ocd. it has a few suggestions there, and some other reading material that might give you an idea. I'd suggest throwing it on the breadboard so you can tweak anything you want, or at least socket some of the parts so you can easily pull them and try other values
Dave's not here, man

On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio
- Hunter S. Thompson

287m

the easy, try play rc filter
C4 : R3 in your scheme
ex
68n : 2.2K = 1.064 Kilohertz
100n : 2.2K = 723.432 Hertz
220n : 2.2K = 328.833 Hertz

68n : 4.7K = 497.982 Hertz
100n : 4.7K = 338.628 Hertz
220n : 4.7K = 153.922 Hertz

GGBB

Quote from: MateuszKaczmarczyk on January 04, 2017, 04:43:23 PM

What do you suggest for some less harsh, more of a mello highs, and just a little bit more bass? Maybe less mids.

Thanks.

Less harsh/more mellow highs - increase C6
More bass - increase C4
Less mids - difficult to do well without a moderate amount of work. Try replacing R15 with 1k in series with (33k in parallel with (10k in series with 3.3n)).

-- 1k ------ 33k --------
       |              |
       -- 10k -- 3n3 --

Keep the tone control up full. Play around with the 10k - 3n3 combo until you get what you like - lower resistor gives more scoop - bigger cap shifts frequency lower. You may then want to change the tone control values (e.g. smaller C11).
  • SUPPORTER

MateuszKaczmarczyk