Will this schematic work? Stereo Octave Fuzz Bass

Started by Ben Lyman, January 06, 2017, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lyman

I had this on the board and it sounds fine but now to the building of it... how do I add a footswitch?
The idea is to use the AMZ buffer splitter to send the input to 2 different amps, one always clean and the other with a foot switchable Foxx Tone Machine.
R8 is drawn in here to remind us that I would normally make the Foxx have a 2M2 pull down resistor before the input cap.
I would wire the 3PDT like I always do with an LED light and also where the Foxx input and output both go to ground when bypassed.
What say you?

"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Kipper4

I reckon you could get away without using Q2 R6 R7 C3
try a 10k between C2 out and 3PDTa.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Ben Lyman

I reckon you're probably right Rich. I tried a similar thing before and had some bad luck with the volume changing or dropping or something. Probably just did it wrong or something, I dunno.

Here's a short sample of how it sounds, octave-fuzz into the left amp and straight through bass tone to the right amp. clean tone never changes but I am adjusting the fuzz octave amp with the volume pot on the breadboard.

-S. Vai

Ben Lyman

It's alive!!!

Two Bassman heads, each with its own 12" speaker cab.
One stays clean, the other toggles between clean/fuzz and the
other footswitch toggles the octave on/off.
                                                                          -S. Vai