Has anyone here built the Jam Pedal "The Ripple"?

Started by deadlyshart, January 07, 2017, 03:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlyshart

Hi guys, I heard a compilation video of various pedals and fell in love with the sound of this one. Here's a video showing the sound. I immediately recognized the sound from the Pink Floyd song he plays in the video as well.

I briefly searched around and couldn't find any schematics/guides for making it... am I searching for the wrong thing, or does anyone have any?

thanks!!

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: deadlyshart on January 07, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
Hi guys, I heard a compilation video of various pedals and fell in love with the sound of this one. Here's a video showing the sound. I immediately recognized the sound from the Pink Floyd song he plays in the video as well.

I briefly searched around and couldn't find any schematics/guides for making it... am I searching for the wrong thing, or does anyone have any?

thanks!!

looks like its just a phase 45 , I would just start there with that layout

deadlyshart

Thank you!

It seems like there are a lot of schematics for the Phase 45 online.

How did you know it was the same though?

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: deadlyshart on January 07, 2017, 03:22:55 PM
Thank you!

It seems like there are a lot of schematics for the Phase 45 online.

How did you know it was the same though?

after awhile you can just tell..not too much re inventing the wheel in electronics although enough depth for several lifetimes. Plus, the vibes are my favorite effect being a HUGE gilmour and hendrix fan.

deadlyshart

Haha, gotcha.

Hmm, the transistor 2N5952 it asks for seems a little harder to find... I'll have to do some searching.

So something like this, would be good I guess? http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/07/mxr-phase-45.html

LightSoundGeometry