DigiTech XP300 Works Only Partially?

Started by E Domenech, January 07, 2017, 09:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E Domenech

I've acquired a DigiTech XP300 Space Station which works only partially: The expression pedal is completely dead, there's a linked patron to the expression pedal functions.

Input level effects don't make any sound (1-4, 23, 27, 34-39), and also Stop/Reverse (12).

Mix (20, 24, 30-32) and other miscellaneous effects (8-11, 13) don't add any effect just clean signal, some of these make the signal a little bit quieter but there's not any audible effect.

The rest of the presets are working fine but you can't use the expression pedal because it doesn't work at all like I said before, I tried to do a "hard reset" but is impossible for the same reason. Could it be the memory?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

digi2t

Quote from: E Domenech on January 07, 2017, 09:32:30 PM
I've acquired a DigiTech XP300 Space Station which works only partially: The expression pedal is completely dead, there's a linked patron to the expression pedal functions.

Input level effects don't make any sound (1-4, 23, 27, 34-39), and also Stop/Reverse (12).

Mix (20, 24, 30-32) and other miscellaneous effects (8-11, 13) don't add any effect just clean signal, some of these make the signal a little bit quieter but there's not any audible effect.

The rest of the presets are working fine but you can't use the expression pedal because it doesn't work at all like I said before, I tried to do a "hard reset" but is impossible for the same reason. Could it be the memory?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Is the LED/LDR working? Take the back cover off, plug the unit in, and see if the LED on the expression pedal tang in on. The wires that connect the small PCB that carries the LED from the main board are subject to mechanical action, and can break at the solder points.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

E Domenech

Quote from: digi2t on January 07, 2017, 09:56:09 PM
Is the LED/LDR working? Take the back cover off, plug the unit in, and see if the LED on the expression pedal tang in on. The wires that connect the small PCB that carries the LED from the main board are subject to mechanical action, and can break at the solder points.

Yes it has a red LED and is working, the wiring looks nicely soldered and in place.