News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Tremendous Fuzz

Started by pgorey, January 15, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgorey

Hope this doesn't offend anyone too much but here is a pic of my new Tremendous Fuzz design.  I love how it sounds.  Yuge, bigly dirt created ;)
Chin = Gain
Yuge = Volume
Send Tweet =  On/ Off true bypass

No battery power, transformer input only. 

http://imgur.com/a/NLZ9C

Cozybuilder

Offensive?- no way!

Are both eyes red?

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

pgorey

Yup, two red LEDs in there.  Was low on parts so one is a larger diffused 8mm and one is 5mm clear.  The guts are looking rough but it sounds pretty good for how simple it is.  I'm looking forward to building more!  Tube Screamer is complete but need to design the graphics and drill / prep the enclosure. 

key-bored

That fuzz is yuuuge!  I mean yuuuge!  It has the greatest knobs and the greatest graphics.  The best graphics and knobs.  Yuuuge sound.  It will be played by the most tremendous player producing the greatest sound.  I mean the best.  People think they're good but this fuzz will be the best and show them what best really means.

Hey.. this stuff kinda writes itself!

KB
Ray Charles said it, I believe it, That Settles it.

duck_arse

I think, and they all say this, they do, that the volume could never go loud enough. never.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

duck_arse

what did you name the in/out jacks?

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on January 17, 2017, 08:25:55 AM

in = CIA briefing
out = garbage                       :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

in = killer
out = mad dog?

pgorey

Quote from: duck_arse on January 17, 2017, 08:25:55 AM

They are actually not labeled yet  ;D  I thought about this for a while and may just leave as is but open to more suggestions!  I wish I had used "bigly" for the gain but I can make a 2nd.  I made up the perf board on the fly when soldering because it's such a simple circuit.  It works but is uglier than anything I have ever seen so I wouldn't be opposed to building another with a tone stack as well. 

duck_arse

input = son-in-law
output = brexit (or impeach)

and the DC? the drain (.... for the swamp).

kaycee

are you going to get the Mexicans to pay for the parts?

GiovannyS10

Hahahah! Send Tweet was the best.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

stringsthings

thermionix

I could be wrong, but I think he's saying "big league" not "bigly"

pgorey

You're right but I like making fun of the idea that it sounded like bigly - also, the use of big league in that context was pretty strange. 

thermionix

I don't recall the context, but everydamnthing is pretty strange these days, no?

pgorey

Strange is a good way to put it.  I have a fair amount of anxiety about what the future holds but believe in American democracy and when things get to be too much, I do a good job self medicating with hobbies like music and pedal building ;)  Thankful for outlets like this to take negative energy and flip it into something positive.

Plexi

To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Benoi31

Yes that "send tweet" button is awesome, love it!!  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

nocentelli

Quote from: pgorey on February 16, 2017, 12:40:37 AM
Strange is a good way to put it.  I have a fair amount of anxiety about what the future holds but believe in American democracy and when things get to be too much, I do a good job self medicating with hobbies like music and pedal building ;)  Thankful for outlets like this to take negative energy and flip it into something positive.

Here in the UK I'd like to think many of us echo your wonderful take
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again