Deluxe Memory Man RI (Big Box) Calibration

Started by jtrezzo, January 17, 2017, 12:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-9

Just to reiterate the original problem, and as Federico has also said, Bias has nothing to do with the delay time.

BUT if you do put in the larger 3005 BBD's in the empty ic sockets to double the delay time over the standard setup then those will need the bias trims set correctly.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Fender3D

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on January 18, 2017, 01:49:43 PM
... And assuming someone has an osciliscope or a suffucient frequency counter is asking for a bit much  :o

Many modern DMM have freq counter on them...

BTW
matching 2 pedals without the proper instruments, randomly turning trimmers is asking for a bit much IMO

Quote from: Ice-9 on January 18, 2017, 01:56:53 PM
...if you do put in the larger 3005 BBD's in the empty ic sockets to double the delay time over the standard setup then those will need the bias trims set correctly.

+1
3005's clock pins capacitance is very high, it might load too much 4047 output... but it's worth a try...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Ice-9

Quote from: Fender3D on January 18, 2017, 02:04:10 PM

3005's clock pins capacitance is very high, it might load too much 4047 output... but it's worth a try...

Good catch Fender3D, further thought might be needed to get it to work, Mark Hammer recently wrote a very good BBD article and I'm sure this was mentioned, a very good read on BBD chips.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.