splitting a signal into two effects, then blending them at the output

Started by mordechai, January 20, 2017, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordechai

Hi...I'm interested in building an effect that does three things:

1. Splits the signal in two so that one remains clean (A), and the other goes into an effect (B).

2.  Be able to blend/pan between the clean signal and the colored/affected signal (s, blend between A and B).

And here's where it gets a little wonky...

3. Have signal B itself split to go into two different types of fuzzes (so, B1 as, say, a fuzz face and B2 as a muff), then have a control to blend between THEM so that the output signal B can be blended between these two fuzzes...before the final blending of A and B (clean/effected).

I know there are splitters out there, so I am assuming that a splitter at the first stage would give me my clean A signal and my B signal...and a second splitter will be able to give me B1 and B2.  Maybe I'm wrong, but i think that might work.  (Please tell me if I'm wrong, and why!)

However, in terms of blending, B1 and B2, and then finally A and B at the tail end of the circuit...would a simple blend pot do the trick, or would I need something else to make this work?

I feel a little guilty that today of all days I'm thinking of a fuzz project, but then again, the future DOES seem fuzzy...

GibsonGM

I'd look at the 'splitter blend' at ROG:  http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html
This would do the "BIG" job.

And for the "B" section, you could likely get away with using a pot to passively blend B1/B2...10k?  50k? Might have to play around a little.  The resistance between them should isolate the signals ok; I have seen others do this with success.

Watch your phasing, too! 

Why would the future seem fuzzy?  No more so than in '08...remember, the world is going to end every day, according to news and politicians   ;)

• SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...