Phuncgnosis mods on the BB

Started by Ben Lyman, February 10, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

one of your planes is missing, commodore.

ben - I was meaning the end twanging in your vid. (of course, I can't remember it now.)

and a question about your big cap thing - what made you pick those resistors to put that voltage on the base of Q1? and, of course, it follows that we wonder what happens if that voltage/resistor pair is made variable?
don't make me draw another line.

Ben Lyman

hmm... I don't know... trial and error? Big resistors made it take too long, I think?
I really should pay more attention to what I'm doing but sometimes I just spend the evening playing guitar thru the breadboard and forget what I'm doing.

I don't know what would happen if the resistors were variable but I do know the knob would only function when the down/up toggle was in one position and not the other... might be good though, I dunno.
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on February 15, 2017, 09:15:07 AM
one of your planes is missing, commodore.

Exactly what you were supposed to think.

Paul Marossy

I resurrected the Phuncgnosis I built back in Aug. 2013. I added a range pot to it and am very happy with it except for the "down" mode not working. I think I may have to try building your version of it, that's pretty darn cool sounding in the "down" mode.

Has anyone created any layouts using this schematic?

BluffChill

Has anyone ever actually got the down mode working for this? I've never seen a definitive fix of how to accomplish this.
Kits & Pedals! EctoVerb - HyperLight - Shagpile - http://bluffchilldevices.bigcartel.com/

Paul Marossy

Quote from: BluffChill on April 05, 2018, 04:46:45 PM
Has anyone ever actually got the down mode working for this? I've never seen a definitive fix of how to accomplish this.

I wonder if this BB mod can also be done to the Phuncgnosis?

Danich_ivanov

I haven't actually build this thing, but i build a detector from dr q, and to get a down mode i simply replaced npn with pnp transistor, which might do the trick here (probably not without a minor changes though).

Paul Marossy

I finally got my down mode to work using that weird 2N3904 arrangement Ben posted in this same thread, after trying like 50,000 different transistors before finding one that would make things remain stable.  :o

I made a YouTube video about it, will post a link to it when it gets done uploading.