Transistor Sockets

Started by sfr, October 14, 2003, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

Electronics Goldmine has tranny sockets in their October sale catalog, 25 for a dollar.  Seems like a good deal.   Just passing it along.
sent from my orbital space station.

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

aron

Joe Bonner

I checked out their October catalog. Lots of goodies for good prices. Any idea about the quality of their parts?

Thanks.

Joe

sfr

i've ordered a good deal from them before -  mostly it's salvage and surplus stuff, but I've had good luck.  They usually let you know if something is pulls, so I exercise a little more caution if they say it's pulls, but I've never had bad luck with components from them.  Sometimes the "gold paks" mixed bags have some cool stuff - I got some MN3007 and 3101 chips in one (whatever numbers they are - the chips used in all those old chorus/delay pedals) and I got some tropical fish caps in another.  

I would recommend avoiding ordering any tools from them though, unless they state the brand - I ordered some little screwdrivers and drill bits from them once when ordering other stuff, and they were really poor quality.  but the component side of things, I haven' ever had problems with.
sent from my orbital space station.