Just a simple THANK YOU.

Started by stonerbox, February 21, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davepedals

dave

DougH

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 21, 2017, 01:14:57 PM
Seriously, this place is amazing. I literally spend more time here than any other website (or homework :icon_rolleyes:). A lot of people ask me if my study of electrical engineering has helped me in my stompbox building, but frankly I think my stompbox building, and particularly the explanations of all the brilliant people on here, have helped my studies more than the other way around.

My added HUGE thanks to Aron for all his hard work and everyone else that keeps this place going. Please continue to exist forever ;D

There is something to be said for actually building something electronic with your hands. I took 3 years of vocational electronics in high school from 1974-1977. I built some guitar pedals back then (treble booster, "optimum fuzz adapter", later a tube preamp). When I went to college and studied Electrical Engineering, the hands-on I had gotten from the high school projects helped immensely.  I caught on to how to bias transistors and how amplifiers worked much more quickly than many of my fellow students. I agree- it helps that way much more than the other way around.

And kudos to Aron for creating a great community! Cheers!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."