Spin FV1 clock noise and volume drop problems

Started by Tjstomp96, October 17, 2019, 04:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjstomp96

Hi all,

I am seeing on scope and hearing significant clock noise from Spin FV1 + dev board, plus attenuated volume/signal compared to bypass.
I can hear that the effect loaded from the eeprom is present. Any pointers to what may be causing either of these issues,
Thx,
Tim

nickbungus

Hi Tim

I'd try the digital forum.  There's some really good,  helpful guys,  I'm sure will get you sorted.
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

Ice-9

post a proper schematic instead of the layout, the FV-1 can be a little picky with the type of 32kHz oscillator and use a 33p or 47p cap not a 15p as a 15p can sometimes cause a problem with the crystal as well.
But first post a schematic so we can take a look without having to trace the circuit out from the layout as a schematic makes it easier for people to read.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Ice-9

Also try checking you FV-1 solder joints and cleaning with some flux cleaner on the joints.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Tjstomp96

Thx  for the reply. Unfortunately i dont have the exact schematic as this design was posted to tagboardeffects forum however I believe it is the vero prototype to a PedalPcb.com FV1 Dev board pcb (which has USB CH314A added)  - i have also purchased this - that schematic attached.

I tried swapping out Xtal (DT-38) cap to 33pF and 47pf with no luck. Although the board and the FV1 seems to buzz out fine, power and gnd etc - I will redo and take your suggestion on solder flux cleaner.
Ps great to see your from the Toon ! - im originally from the area , though now am a long time expat in Baltimore, US.
Cheers,
Tim