I hereby reclaim this hideous enclosure

Started by EBK, February 23, 2017, 09:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on March 18, 2017, 09:43:15 AM
[setting up therm with this:] yer box going to have curtains of some sort?

I really HOPE you don't think I'd stoop SOLO as to mention ARBY'S.

thermionix

Quote from: EBK on March 18, 2017, 07:30:59 PM
I have a feeling things are going to get really horrible here when I get to the point where I'm ready to talk about different types of finishes.  :icon_razz:

It would be funniest if you ended up just painting it pink again.

New name for the pedal:  King's Cross (ask Duck)

EBK

Quote from: thermionix on March 18, 2017, 07:41:35 PM
It would be funniest if you ended up just painting it pink again.
That thought did cross my mind.  I was thinking I could match the original color exactly, and create a stunned silence as I calmly, and with a straight face, stated that my work was now done and I was very happy with the improved enclosure. It would be a pretty sweet prank.  :icon_razz:

At least it would be intentionally pink if I did that. 

Does your avatar change automatically once a day or are you doing that yourself?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

EBK

Step 3: Reconfiguring (part 4):
I always feel like I need to post enough actual progress on my pedal to keep this thread from getting locked or deleted for being primarily about sexual euphemisms.   :icon_lol:

I've started cutting a window out of the lid.  Makes the most sense (Thanks, Duck).  I do happen to have a Dremel-like high speed cutter, but, alas, I can't use it because I can only build while the kids are sleeping.  So, I'm doing this with drill bits, a mini hacksaw, and files (I'll switch to sandpaper when it gets close to final size).

I'm steering well inside my markings so I can enjoy some beer while working (for now).  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: EBK on March 18, 2017, 07:30:59 PM
I have a feeling things are going to get really horrible here when I get to the point where I'm ready to talk about different types of finishes.  :icon_razz:

we'll come to this (in good time).

I been meaning to arkse, what prostitute-period would this colour pink be (it's bloody hard to photograph this fluzz)?

kings X is for the tourists. if you want the good stuff, head to darlinghurst instead.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

Jesus, Duck! I thought you were just kidding when you described that pedal before!  :icon_eek:

Also makes me wonder if you slaughtered a Sesame Street character to make that.
  • SUPPORTER

Kipper4

That Pink Duck Is Billy Gibbons bum Fluff Cerise. :):)
Excellant choice.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

duck_arse

my orange squeezer - big knob, red tit, partly hidden button, why wood I joke about such a thing? and what era did you say?

"bum Fluff Cerise". excellent.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on March 19, 2017, 09:29:00 AM
kings X is for the tourists. if you want the good stuff, head to darlinghurst instead.

You're the expert.  But which one is a better pedal name?

EBK

Step 3: Reconfiguring (part 5 -- perhaps "Reconfiguring" was too broad to be considered a step)
Window has been cut out.  Just need to switch from beer to coffee for a while to get it to its final precise shape and size. :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

jfrabat

You know you have to put your finish over the main body, right?  That's how you protect it...  😁
I build.  I fix.  I fix again.  And again.  And yet again.  (sometimes again once more).  Then I have something that works! (Most of the time!).

highwater

Quote from: thermionix on March 19, 2017, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: duck_arse on March 19, 2017, 09:29:00 AM

You're the expert.  But which one is a better pedal name?

Well, the "King of Tone" was also based on a Bluesbreaker, so "King's X" could invite legal difficulties if you were to sell it... which would certainly be in keeping with the theme.
"I had an unfortunate combination of a very high-end medium-size system, with a "low price" phono preamp (external; this was the decade when phono was obsolete)."
- PRR

duck_arse

[/taste] if the box was too small for the build - "darling, it hurts" (also a paul kelly song, about darlinghurst). [taste]

EBK

I've started work on the circuit that will go into this pedal.  2 solder joints in, I'm already feeling confident when I say that it will be a miracle if this thing works the first time I power it up.  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

Was it hard...to get the legs spread like that?

EBK

• SUPPORTER

EBK

Making some more slow progress on the circuit. 
  • SUPPORTER

Marcos - Munky

This is beautiful! What's the name of that building style?

EBK

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on March 26, 2017, 10:43:40 PM
This is beautiful! What's the name of that building style?
I'm glad you like it, but if you really want to see beautiful circuit building, here's a sample of the work of Peter Vogel that inspired me.  Mine is quite crude by comparison.

Don't know if the style has a name, but there have been others building the same way.
  • SUPPORTER