Switching logic for two effects in one enclosure

Started by roseblood11, February 23, 2017, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roseblood11

Hi,

imagine this: Two effects circuits in one enclosure, two non-latching footswitches and the option to use them in two different ways, switchable with a toggle:
a) Both effects in series, each has its individual bypass switch
b) One switch bypasses the whole pedal, the second toggles between effect A and B

I started a thread (in german) here, but the circuit hasn't been built or tested yet:
http://musikding.rocks/wbb/index.php/Thread/418027-Schaltlogik-f%C3%BCr-zwei-Effekte-in-einem-Geh%C3%A4use/

Maybe someone here is interested?

regards, Immo

blackieNYC

• SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

GiovannyS10

I am very interested. Really. I am building a project to an American friend now. Is a flanger + tremolo. And he said he wants a switch that to it. Change the pedals sequence in one click. So i already put the switch in the layout project but had no idea about how i would do it.  :icon_mrgreen:
I know nothing in German, but i will check your schematic :)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

EBK

Maybe this is not helpful, but, assuming you want nonlatching switches to selectively latch something, I'd suggest either a latching relay, an SCR, or a flip-flop.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

TejfolvonDanone

To the schem posted on the other side (i don't speak german so they are maybe stated there):
- The transistors need current limiting for their bases (resistor around 3.9k should be enough)
- If you get D f-f and wire the switch to the clock input (with a pull-down resistor) and get /Q  output and wire back to its input you don't need T f-f
- You should put an antiparallel diode with the relay to protect the tranny.

Beside these i don't see anything which will cause troubles.
...and have a marvelous day.

GiovannyS10

Electronics is a worldwide language. The part of "german" was only a joke.  ;) I will check your schematic next sunday and i post here the result.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto