Need help debugging RAT clone (from AionElectronics)

Started by danilov, February 25, 2017, 08:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

"1" is the usual way to show infinite, or open circuit, or no connection. short the probes together, what does it read, 0.00? now unshort them, what does it read, 1? mine read 1000, with the 1 blinking. this indicates over-range or out-of-range. and when you measure resistance across a capacitor, it is what you want to see.

your circuit will have a DC blocking cap at the input, and another somewhere in the output line. measure across the in and out pads, and those caps will "open circuit" your multimeter.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

danilov

Quote from: duck_arse on February 28, 2017, 10:08:01 AM
"1" is the usual way to show infinite, or open circuit, or no connection. short the probes together, what does it read, 0.00? now unshort them, what does it read, 1? mine read 1000, with the 1 blinking. this indicates over-range or out-of-range. and when you measure resistance across a capacitor, it is what you want to see.

your circuit will have a DC blocking cap at the input, and another somewhere in the output line. measure across the in and out pads, and those caps will "open circuit" your multimeter.
Ohh, that's awesome. So I hadn't a wrong result for the previous checks. Maybe it really was just the switch.
Anyway, I need to learn how to read better schematics, that would help a lot for similar cases to this one.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk