neovibe w/bypass LED & 3PDT diagram

Started by pete74, February 27, 2017, 10:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete74

Hi... took a couple of diagrams apart and made this one for the neovibe with LED & 3PDT switch.    Can someone more knowledgeable than me please take a quick peek and tell me if it looks correct?

Thanks in advance from a relative newbie....

HeavyFog

Built a neovibe a few months ago and the power supply is one of the trickier parts of the build. Neither wire coming from the power jack should be grounded like your picture shows them to be otherwise it will short. The way i did it was i used an 18vAC adapter from small bear and just connected the positive wire to the K pad and the negative one to the J pad with no other connections in between. You also can't power an led straight from the adapter as well (since doing so would cause a short) and if i remember correctly i set them up with my power source coming from the secondary O pad off the regulator and grounded them both to the I pad used for the cancel switch i didn't use. Also used the same resistor value i usually use (3k). I made mine with no modifications to the parts so if you're doing the same you should be good. Its a great sounding vibe clone and IMO definitely worth the trouble.

pete74

Hmm good points.   I'm fairly sure I had it wired the way you describe, but the effect seems slow to engage(fades in)after kicking off the bypass.    Will check again against your description.

pete74

For the sake of closure on this, especially since I've seen a few posts here that indicate to use pad O to provide power to the LED...   Pad O on my PCB is actually a ground?!?   (Board from GGG)

Anyway, just something to watch for.   I just made 2 connections on each side of the power jack, one for the board and another on each terminal for the LED.  Also used 2 x 1/4W 1K resistors in series to the 3PDT switch to keep the LED from getting too hot.    Seems to work just fine.

antonis

Guys, some diagram & PS specs plz or I smell a very happy LED graveyard keeper...
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

pete74

Quote from: antonis on February 28, 2017, 07:41:35 AM
Guys, some diagram & PS specs plz or I smell a very happy LED graveyard keeper...

Bit messy, but it works fine for me...

HeavyFog

Most of the info regarding this project for me came from other discussions of the project and whatnot. If its working fine for you without a hitch i guess what i heard must have been wrong or at least not entirely true.

Also just remembered that there are 2 "O" pads on the board. One is a ground under pad J and the other is coming off the regulator, which is were i got the power for my leds.

pete74

Also fwiw, the pcb I have is a different version number than what's on the diagram... plus i'm sure GGG isn't the only manufacturer of this board.