A/B Switcher with Bi-Color LED Indicator

Started by natron_mn, February 28, 2017, 11:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natron_mn

I would like to build an A/B switching pedal, but instead of two separate LED indicators I would like to use one bi-color LED.

I've never worked with a bi-color LED before, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

I was going to use this diagram for the A/B switcher.

And this is an image for how to wire a bi-color LED. But I am two dense to work this image into the image above. Any thoughts?

Kipper4

Simply leave out the led wiring from the beavis audio (full colour layout)
Use the black and white diagram below for the bi colour led and see the ground terminal on the bi colour led just solder it to the ground lug dead centre of the switch.
Make sense?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

natron_mn

I think that makes sense.

So would I even need to use the switched terminal on the DC jack? I was thinking I could just connect a wire from the DC tip to the rightmost center terminal on the 3PDT, with a 10k resistor between.

And for the ground on the bi-LED, could I connect that to any of the sleeves on the in/out jacks?

EBK

Quote from: Kipper4 on February 28, 2017, 12:07:32 PM
Simply leave out the led wiring from the beavis audio (full colour layout)
Use the black and white diagram below for the bi colour led and see the ground terminal on the bi colour led just solder it to the ground lug dead centre of the switch.
Make sense?
The top figure is common anode, but the bottom is common cathode.  You need to know what type of bicolor LED you will be using.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.