Equalizer 5-band by GGG on veroboard is noisy

Started by Elijah-Baley, March 03, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elijah-Baley

I'll do another test, but I have the same noise at any setting. Maybe change just the tone of the hum.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

rankot

Have you tried to power it from the battery? Maybe your power supply is noisy?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Elijah-Baley

Yes, I test the circuits with the battery, then with the PSU. No differences. :(

I started to think to abandon this circuit because I think it's all ok but it is just a bit noisy. I can build this: http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/5-band-eq-pcb/
It is based on the BA3812L chip. I hope this is quiter, I would an eq absolutely noiseless. :-\
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

fozzy

Can anyone confirm that removing C8 from ggg schematic resolves the low volume issue? As others have mentioned engaging the pedal reduces the volume dramatically even with gain all the way up. However, if I crank the amp volume I can hear that the eq adjustments are working. Thanks and Happy New Year!