sad 512 d replacement?

Started by rezzyrules1, April 03, 2017, 06:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rezzyrules1

is there an alternative ic chip for the old reticon sad 512d? also can i use  a reticon sad 1024a in an old DOD 670 flanger in place of what i see in mine which is a NE 517N --7948 ?? BE GENTILE IM A BEGINNER : :

Mark Hammer

With Passover coming up in a week, I'd rather not be gentile (rimshot, please)....

But about the BBD.....replacements for an SAD512D are going to be hard to find, and pricey.   You will be looking for an R5106, which is a pin-for-pin replacement.

As a sidenote, there were two types of SAD512 chips.  One of them was actually an SAD1024, used as a 512-stage BBD, with only one half of the chip functional.  The other type is that used in the DOD 670, which is an 8-pin chip that includes a built-in flip-flop to turn a single high-frequency clock input into a two-phase clock.

Scruffie

Just to add to what Mark said, the NE517 you see in your DOD is actually an NE571 compander chip, not the delay chip.

rezzyrules1

thxs yall from one gentile to another (maybe?) i never could spell and/or type too well. anyhow great info for me how bout this one ---- ive got a 70s univox phz-1 phaser ( table top one) i need to find a transformer for it , havin a devil of a time getting one of its small size ( 1.75W X1.75W X 1.50 H ) 60Hz i think unit has a 250v / 15amp fuse if that even helps, hep this ole country (gentile) boy out!

bluebunny

Quote from: Mark Hammer on April 03, 2017, 06:55:34 PM
With Passover coming up in a week, I'd rather not be gentile (rimshot, please)....

You asked so nicely, Mark.   :)

It would appear "there's an app for that":

(And now, back to your regular programming...)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...