Bit Commander bit better layout. Schematic?

Started by Elijah-Baley, March 08, 2017, 06:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elijah-Baley

Hi guys.
My third octave fuzz: the Bit Commander is a multiple octave fuzz.

I'm working on this layout:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.it/2015/09/earthquaker-devices-bit-commander.html

It's verified, but there's a bit inaccuracy in my opinion.
Base1->Sub1->Down1->Up1->Level1->Ground
But, Base 1 is already on the board, connected to the ground, indeed. While the other pots are not. I wonder why.
I draw this and I guess it has some free spots for those wires:

What do you think?

PS Did someone find the schematic of this pedal? ???

Thank you!
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

antonis

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on March 08, 2017, 06:55:44 AM
Base1->Sub1->Down1->Up1->Level1->Ground
But, Base 1 is already on the board, connected to the ground, indeed. While the other pots are not. I wonder why.
Maybe to use Base1 as a GND reference point..
(only one wire from PCB to 4 pots..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Elijah-Baley

In the end I connected the lugs 1 in chain. So the only ground wire is that on the board.
The electrolytic and the transformer take off some space, I have to find a way to squeeze it into a BB size box, perhaps I have to rewiring the pots with shorter wire.
The octave up effect is a bit weak. I used two random diodes 1N4148.
Weird we can't find the schametic. :o
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

Elijah-Baley

Elijah-Baley

Anyway, I just tested the circuit comparing it wiht the demo above. Works similar, the octave up depends from the overall settings.

antonis

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on March 08, 2017, 01:26:55 PM
Weird we can't find the schametic. :o
Not weird at all..!!! 

No person searching for "schAmEtic" should get any resonable result..  :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Elijah-Baley

After all, we can't get a layout without a schematic. :P

Elijah-Baley

zsound

Hi, i would like to know where i find the  component list of the bit commander? (capacitor type) Thanks

Elijah-Baley

Well, it is not a list but you can look the layout.
Schematic: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/file/n22775/Circuit1.jpg
Layout page: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.it/2015/09/earthquaker-devices-bit-commander.html

The capacitor are all almost electrolytic, the yellow rectangular are polyester. I bought the green cap from Tayda, those are small enough. The trasformer is the TM011, as the layout. The 386 is a quite available LM386N.
That's it.

Any question? Just ask! ;)