using all 10k pots on Fuzz Factory?

Started by Fndr8875, March 13, 2017, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fndr8875

im familiar with using resistor to modify value of potentiometer. but im not very familiar w how fuzz factory would interact with the vol and stab values being subbed for 10k pots with 5.1k resistor in parellel. Dont think the volue would be an issue since its wired normal, but the stab pot shows it wired as VR w power to pin 3, like the sag pot on the beavis board, i think thats same application. Im asking because it would simplify build if i could just grab the 5 pack of 10ks from thaishine on ebay. ive only got $25 bucks, both i/o and power jack, all resistors and caps. I have a vero layout built minus transistors. and a copper board w image ironed on just needs to be etched. Id really rather get a proper pcb, since ive had issues w vero, pph and etching given all the weird probs ive read ppl having even though circuit is so simple. any way if i could grab the 5 pack for 5 bucks of 10k pots and use resistors, i could go ahead and get the pcb from guitarpcb.com, its only 5.99. Ive got a pending offer to LIC pedals on ebay fro Fuzz Factory  transistor set of ac125s.

lukeferg

Using a resistor in parallel will work fine with what you are doing but putting a 5.1k resistor won't get you a 5k pot. You need a 10k resistor in parallel to make a 10k pot work as a 5k.
This will throw the taper off. You might find that annoying depending on how those pots work. The schem asks for linear taper pots and putting a resistor in parallel will make it more log.