Nasty white stomp switch washers alternative

Started by Mgt280y, March 14, 2017, 12:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mgt280y

I hate those white plastic washers so thought I'd make my own,
Not gonna work for everything but good fun and relatively low profile at around 2.5mm

EBK

I used to not mind the white plastic washers.  If anything, I figured their slight compressibility would sort of act like a lock washer, making things better.

But, then I learned how many people hated them from reading this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=85803.msg1064575#msg1064575

Now, I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't yet swapped them out of all my old pedals.  Thanks for making me feel so self-conscious, guys.   :icon_razz:

I actually prefer plain metal washers now, but your new ones look interesting.  With no sense of scale, my brain can't think of these as anything other than full-size bicycle chain sprockets, which prevents me from fully appreciating them.  Any photos of them on a pedal (that's guitar, not bicycle)?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Mgt280y

Sorry only drilled box I had so a bit low down but gives you an idea

EBK

That's better.   :icon_biggrin:

Are you planning to make anything similar for pots and toggle switches?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Mgt280y

I made these for a looper I'm building so that will have 5 of these in a row may add a rack across the top of them for the switch labels, but may use them on other pedals with a simplified one for the pots maybe just 300 degrees for the sweep