Song Huei Potentiometers

Started by POTL, March 15, 2017, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POTL

Hello
Who faced this manufacturer?
How is it compared to Alpha?
The SmallBear site cures that EHX is such an advantage.
I could not find any reviews about this brand.

GGBB

According to their specs, they sit closer to the board than the Alphas - pretty much right on the board. That would be a problem for me since there are usually a few solder joints that need clearing:

EDIT: I'm obviously talking about the ones that Small Bear sells - the right-angle pcb-mounts.
  • SUPPORTER

POTL

I'm interested with straight legs
In my country it is problematic to get the potentiometers that you have on the drawing.
But there is Alpha and Sonh Huei
Song Huei I can buy with free shipping, and Alpha only with a fee, which is not very profitable, the prices are the same.
Photo attached below

I'm interested in quality - as they are in comparison with Alpha, for reliability and correctness of work?

smallbearelec

My contact at E-H says that the quality is competitive with Taiwan Alpha. I went to Song Huei specifically for spare parts for E-H repairs, but it turned out that some pedal-makers also like this style.

POTL

Quote from: smallbearelec on March 15, 2017, 11:31:59 PM
My contact at E-H says that the quality is competitive with Taiwan Alpha. I went to Song Huei specifically for spare parts for E-H repairs, but it turned out that some pedal-makers also like this style.

It's great that you are here)
So there is no difference in terms of quality?

It turns out that at the same cost, their quality is identical?

smallbearelec

Quote from: POTL on March 15, 2017, 11:53:22 PM
So there is no difference in terms of quality? It turns out that at the same cost, their quality is identical?

I can only pass on the comment from E-H. Personally, I don't have a long enough history with using Song Huei pots to offer an opinion. However, I will also tell you that some of my commercial accounts have been buying the Song Huei pots for production, and I have had no complaints so far. If there were an issue with quality, I would likely know.

diy-tubes

POTL
The picture above is not song huei, it's DY China, with longer legs (compared with SH and Alpha).
Song Huei are good potentiometers, R16k and R24k series are the same as Alpha RV16AF and RV24AF (same dimentions).
http://diy-tubes.com - parts for guitar/studio gear

GGBB

Quote from: diy-tubes on March 16, 2017, 06:33:59 AM
R16k and R24k series are the same as Alpha RV16AF and RV24AF (same dimentions).

With at least one exception as I noted above.
  • SUPPORTER

diy-tubes

http://diy-tubes.com - parts for guitar/studio gear