PPP vs. Mammoth – Enclosures and Custom Drilling

Started by bartimaeus, March 22, 2017, 12:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartimaeus

Hello,

I'm trying to decide which of these companies to use for a batch of pre-painted enclosures with a custom drill template.

The only thread I found directly comparing their drilling results is from 2011, and it seems as though Pedal Parts Plus has changed their drilling setup a lot since then.

I'd really appreciate some contemporary opinions on their work!

seagurt

I have ordered a few enclosures from mammoth, not custom drilled template, but kits with drilled and pre painted enclosures.

Of the few I ordered, they were not the way I would have chosen to drill (placement), and one hole (for the dc jack) was too big (it was loose, and moved side to side.) Most of them were perfectly fine, and the color and paint were good (not as flat, or finished as a guitar, but its a stomp box that will get scuffed anyway.).

You may have much better results providing custom drilling specs, not saying I had bad results, just not what I was expecting I suppose.

If it were up to me, I would place 2 orders, I understand this may not be cost effective, but in the end you will have the product that best suits your needs.

That or wait for someone with more knowledge on the subject to come along, as I have never ordered an enclosure from PPP.

I'm looking forward to further replies on this topic!
Those who know the least will always know it the loudest.

Long's Law

bartimaeus

Not to revive an old thread, but I thought I should follow up. I ordered a few custom enclosures from PPP, and I'm very happy with the results. The customer service was super helpful – they even helped me catch a hickup in my design. I haven't tried Mammoth's custom service, but at this point I see no reason to do so.