Selmer buzztone not buzzing

Started by HeavyFog, March 23, 2017, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFog

Just wired up a selmer buzztone clone i built from this layout:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3J2t6p_1CJo/VnjkeiEdt0I/AAAAAAAAAFw/rvIppbiHdB0/s320/selmer%2Bbuzztone%2Boriginal.png

I'm getting a dry signal that has some slight distortion to it but its very quiet and it happens even when the 2 aa batteries in series (for 3v) aren't connected. I'm suspecting its an issue with the off board wiring since iv'e had this same issue before (when building a PNP rangemaster) and i was extra careful to make sure everything went in correctly in the layout.The blend control also does nothing and while the volume control works. I used 3 Texas instrumentS 2n404 transistors that i triple checked to make sure that they were in correctly.

I'm not good when it comes to positive ground pedals so i'm fairly sure i made some kind of mistake with the off board wiring. Any ideas as to what i did wrong?

HeavyFog

Hers's a (bad) photo of the offboard wiring i did in a test enclosure

HeavyFog

UPDATE

It works now. The batteries weren't taped together very well and they weren't touching as a result. Sounds great and works well! Thread can be deleted.

antonis

Quote from: HeavyFog on March 23, 2017, 07:49:31 PM
Thread can be deleted.
So you don't want other person to enjoy benefit of your own flub..!!!  :icon_evil:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

HeavyFog

Didn't see it like that. I guess the lesson to be learned is to watch the psu to make sure that its working before you come here and post about having problems, only to discover whats there's no power coming from the supply and you were too lazy to get out the multimeter to check :)

duck_arse

on the bright side, you are now expert in positive ground circuits.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.