News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

CS2 question

Started by daz061, April 11, 2017, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daz061

On the Boss CS2, What does the FET do at the beginning of the circuit?

PRR

Gives nice high input impedance. Buffers the bypass signal.
  • SUPPORTER

daz061

Thanks, when looking at the boss schematics there is always this outline that goes around the outside, I don't think it's anything to do with the actual circuit but on the CS2 it is numbered see down the side 1, 11,13,9,12

PRR

> boss schematics there is always this outline .. numbered see down the side 1, 11,13,9,12

That's the "board", not physically accurate. The off-board part (jacks, batt, switch, pots) are either outside the outer line or inside "island" lines. The numbers designate the wires to off-board stuff. I do not know if they are printed on the PCB?

Someone sent me this mark-up and a generic public question in Private Message. This really should be on the Public Forum so "everybody can benefit".

if you wanted to take out the switching system i suppose these would be the components to disregard

Those parts and wires are "involved". However it would be sufficient to lift the D and S legs of Q2, and strap the D and S legs of Q3, for "always on". If the LED switching bugs you, disconnect one end of the LED. All that other stuff can stay. OTOH if you don't have a factory CS2 and are DIYing one, yes don't build the stuff scratched out.

• SUPPORTER