Something the cat brought in ...

Started by KarenColumbo, April 14, 2017, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarenColumbo

... not really the cat, but my neighbour. Allegedly it is "dead" - so I have the chance to dig into it and try and bring it to life again. i suspect this is going to be fun :)

• SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

bloxstompboxes

The cat is dead or the shredmaster? Please don't dig into the cat.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Kipper4

Hey
Is it true bypass? If not it could be the switching.
What voltages have you got?
Is it a mechanical failure. broken or cold solder joint on the jacks?
Any visible signs of brakages or charring or burning?

Open the cat up and explore.......

Meantime heres a thread with a schematic.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=100389.0
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Quackzed

moving parts fail... old electro caps fail... reverse power can fry stuff... dried spills can create shorts... thats my hopefully helpful message.
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

KarenColumbo

Thank you all! The cat is fine, the shredmaster will be dug into in 3, 4 days time. Will heed your messages and keep you posted :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

pinkjimiphoton

you got dis KC, nothing to 'em. great sounding pedals, very useful and a lot of fun.

contrary to the name,  these are KILLER for blues and many other styles too. and worst case just build it on tagboard and stuff it in the box! ;)

i bet (from the ones i've seen that failed) someone plugged in an ac or reverse polarity dc adapter to it. replace the diodes and caps around the power supply and i bet it will fire right up!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr