Super quick question (Original Univibe Resistors?)

Started by Kevin Mitchell, April 14, 2017, 12:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Mitchell

Are they all 1/2 watt carbon comp?

Today I'm sourcing parts for a clone of an early Univibe circuit I'll be working on for a friend. Likely the Honey Univibe which I guess gets closer the the hendrix vibe sound. We'll see.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Kevin Mitchell

Thank you.

You can hold your breath, R.G. I'm just goofin' around with more univibe stuff. I recently finished my first hand wired DR amp and I'm kind of on a vintage build kick. Don't mind me  ::)

If you have any input on the "honey univibe" I'd love to know what you'd have to say! I'm endlessly tinkering with univibe circuits.

While surfing the web for some vibe inspiration I found a page that noted "honey values" for the shin-ei univibe circuit. Thought it would be worth digging into.
Honey Uni Vibe Clone
  • SUPPORTER

ElectricDruid

Quote from: R.G. on April 14, 2017, 03:25:03 PM
I'm well into advice fatigue.

Sigh.

I can believe it. Just know that some of us are with you.

T.

Kevin Mitchell

I try to not be discouraged by half-ass'd replies. Since this forum mostly consists of people trying to learn I figured there's no harm in asking even a silly question. Anyways...

I've sourced most of the parts reported to be used in the original Shin-ei Uni Vibes. This thing hits the nail on the head and sounds better than any vibe clone/workalike I've made so far. Including the few neo vibes I've done. Maybe it's the lamp offset mod that helps. I'll go ahead and try the "Honey Mods" to the board I've made to ease my curiosity since people seem too fatigued to want to talk about it.

Peace
-KM
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

Personally, I think that's awesome.  That's what DIY is all about, build it the way YOU want it.