Tube screamer larsen with all knobs at max , why ?

Started by nonoxxx, April 16, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoxxx

In fact it was the purpose of this post :) to know if for other builds it' the same.

I don't use screamer with all pots at max but I can't test Ibanez /maxon pedals ( too expensives ) so I was wandering if it's normal. The good thing it that make me studying  dc filtering :D and the mod I mentioned in my previous comment help for one of my builds with extra gain (I tested it this afternoon) the only down side it's that it make the screamer run a little under 9V but without noise with a cheap wallmart.

blackieNYC

Sounds to me you fixed a (very small) problem in these particular designs, only found when turning everything up all the way.   47 ohms on the input from 9v is the kind of thing you see often enough.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

nonoxxx

Thanks,

It was more an interrogation than a real issue I was surprised by getting this weird noise because I had built pedals with a lot more gain (big muff, RAT, Fuzz factory...)  and don't notice too much noise, also some friends ask me to build them clones and for the tube screamer I wanted to be sure my build is good.