small stone nano issue

Started by pete74, April 18, 2017, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete74

Hi all... got a EH small stone nano that isnt working and wondering where to start looking?    Symptoms are:   No sound thru when activated (sound thru ok when bypassed) & Led only lights when on battery.

Would appreciate a link to schematic if anyone has one.  Board is labeled EC-D8 Rev. A
thanks in advance

pete74

Crap!   looks like previous owner 'misplaced' D3...   

pete74

anyone have a schematic?   I have no idea what D3 is supposed to be..

bloxstompboxes

It says what it is right beneath it. MMBD4148 is an SMT 1N4148 diode, basically.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/M/M/B/D/MMBD4148CC.shtml

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

duck_arse

have a very close-up look at those pads, the diode might have been blown off the board from reversed power supply. circuit dia would help ...
don't make me draw another line.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: duck_arse on April 19, 2017, 10:41:29 AM
have a very close-up look at those pads, the diode might have been blown off the board from reversed power supply. circuit dia would help ...

I can't tell with this picture but the bottom right pad might be missing too. I must say that although is a surface mount board, it is one of the most friendly of them since it has both ref designators and component values for each one. Most times you're lucky to get either/or.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

pete74

thanks..... replaced the diode.    no change.   tried going thru with audio probe, but sadly, unless theres a schematic somewhere i dont have much hope.     i've found several online, but none seem to be for this version of the pedal.