wait... CD 2399?

Started by pinkjimiphoton, April 19, 2017, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

never heard of this one before, but it's in a little ammoon nano delay i picked up...

appears to be a DIFFERENT 2399,  sold as a reverb surround processor. it sounds great in the little nano pedal.. everything is smd in it, but the chip is full size

http://www.datasheetspdf.com/PDF/CD2399/808236/4

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

blackieNYC

I call BS on the "surround" and "reverb".  Sure, in a Karaoke bar it's called reverb. Same old 2399 is my guess. (can't find an English data sheet)
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

pinkjimiphoton

i'm wondering if this is what all them buggy pt2399s really are.

the little delay sounds killer for what it is. they broke the mod/delay switch by overtightening the nut on it.. so the switch fell apart during shipping. this thing is only a little over half the length of a 1590a!

trying to get a refund/another unit. language barrier proves interesting.
"how bout refund you 5 dollars, you fix yourself"... if it wasn't SMD, yeah, i'd go for it. i may still, if i can find the proper switch. ;)

i'ma gonna look around and see if'n i can't find some of these somewhere, and get an english data sheet.

but i am betting they are chinese knockoffs.. cd probably means chinese delay or something. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

KarenColumbo

I think this chinese datasheet is a one to one copy of the original (?).
http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/391581/PTC/PT2399/112/2/PT2399.html
I have a few of them (PT) here - could send you some - would take ages, though :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

anotherjim

Pin 6, the delay time timing resistor.
Princeton original doesn't show that 47nF cap across it. If a variable resistor, there is also a fixed resistor in series.
CD2399 echo application (lower scheme) shows 100nF in place of the 82nF that the Princeton scheme has.

Agung Kurniawan

Multiple gain stage followed by some active EQ is delicious.

maiko

Yup CD2399

I actually got a bunch of those and  build reboote delays and Equinox Reverb seems ok and never
had problems.    In the Philippines its sold at 65 pesos or about a $1.50 per piece.    Princetons are
about 150 so roughly 3bucks.     

Honestly if they did not run out of the PTs i probably wouldnt even tried using the CDs ;D