All tantulum Fuzz factory??

Started by Fndr8875, April 22, 2017, 09:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fndr8875

Hey so i got all my parts, etched pcb, matched Ge Trannies and it just occured to me this might be cool...It will be laid out sideways with 9 mm pots basically exactly like the production pedal. The 10uf electros i got from mammoth (i cannot stand them,  i normally would not flame anyone on here but They screwed up 2 orders and Alan was all nice then wanted pictures when i asked about replacement 50 cent pots that had lugs smashed in, they send me 1/2 watt 3.9m resistor, which was for a 1590a build, some crushed 5089s, ne way....) Radioshack is going out of business and there shit is 90% off, so got like 30 bucks of stuff, not really but 30 bucks at their prices for like 3 bucks...so i just grabbed as much stuff as a could ,,,ne way the 10uf tants are teeny tiny. Also have a 100nf taint from tayda. id like to keep low profile as possible. Any reason not to use the taints?

Phoenix

Quote from: Fndr8875 on April 22, 2017, 09:22:44 PM
Any reason not to use the taints?
Is that your take on the Way Huge naming convention? I'd recommend against using taints(sic) in your pedals  :P, but no reason not to use tantalums.

Just make sure to de-rate their voltage spec appropriately - that is, their working voltage should be no more than 50% of their voltage rating. For long term reliability, most manufacturers recommend 30% derating.

Fndr8875

lol want aware that Way Huge used taints,, im sure thats not the correct abbreviation but i like it. Sure the Taint Factory would be a big hit...get some good artist and some handpainted taints...i dont see how i wouldnt sell a million of them lol...No i just had made an order from mammoth and their 10ufs were like fuking massive,and was driving by radioshack and saw 90 percent off everything in store, plus buy 2 get 2 free so i stopped in, knew the parts draw would have lotta stuff, plus it felt like payback for paying 2 dollars for 2 greenie mylar caps, saw the tantulums , which r 1.94 each normally and so got 4 for 36 cents...was funny looking at reciept. what would have normally cost me almost 50 bucks there was not even 4 bucks....going up there today to get swithes, theres are pretty decent, i have some dpdts i ve had for 3 years and soldered and resoldered at least 10 times and they still work great, no hum or pops or static. Cant find a gut shot of the fat fuzz factory but they have some micro mini dpdts that i think i can squeeze in there. Im gonna get some of every kind spsts spdts, normal size , micro mini, on off on, prob can get at least ten for 2 bucks. anyway im rambling....

Passaloutre

Can't help with the fuzz factory, but I have to agree that there's never been a better time to buy components at radio shack. I cleaned it the parts drawers at two stores last week