3pdt.com tube tremolo - how to mount tube within enclosure

Started by pete74, April 25, 2017, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete74

Hi all...  thinking of building the tube tremolo circuit from https://www.3pdt.com/products/tube-tremolo.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the build from anyone who may have already built it.   

Also, wondering how one goes about mounting the tube in an enclosure?  I'm kinda thinking double sided tape to the bottom of its pcb and have a hole in the top of the box to have the tube stick out of, but am not sure if the heat from the tube would remove the tape or not??

bluebunny

I pretty sure someone rounds these parts (long ago) used a Strat jack plate to mount a tube in a pedal.  Looked very cool.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phoenix

The tube pcb does have mounting holes... Screws or standoffs I would suggest?

amptramp

The EM84 tuning eye tube (which is the same diameter as the 12AU7 used in this tremolo) has been mounted in a number of ways and this Fisher KM-60 FM tuner is typical:

The tuning eye is on the lower left.  There is a flat steel plate that fits into slots in the main chassis and has spring clips that grip the tube, similar to capacitor clamps used on some electrolytics and the assembly is held in position by a spring.  You release the spring to let the tube flop backwards and remove it from the freestanding socket then the clips.  The tube is viewed through a horizontal slot in the chassis.