Dual input effects loop

Started by aran.e666, April 25, 2017, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aran.e666

Hey guys, i am currently building a basic looper however i would like an A/B style switch first so that i can switch between two different guitars so using the two outputs as inputs instead. The problem is that i only want one switch to control the effects loop. This means that the A/B has one output which will go to the looper switch's input. Since when lets call it A is on, B will be grounded (off) and vice versa. Since the output will be grounded because of this, no matter what i do, there will be no signal. My question is can i remove the isolating grounds with no problems. If its not advised, can anyone suggest a different style of A/B wiring where it will not cause this problem? Or an even simpler question: can this be done with only two switches or do i have to use more to get my desired results for example a second looper circuit.

Assuming this made no sense what ever, feel free to leave questions about this.

Sadly i cannot post my schematic now but i will tomorrow if my question can't be answered.

PRR

> no sense what ever

I think a picture would be worth far more than 163 words.
  • SUPPORTER

robthequiet

If I can switch between pickups on a guitar, the same concept applies to switching between guitars. Depending on how complicated you want it, I would think that a passive switch box would do. If you need to have LEDs or whatever, still fairly easy, just a true bypass hack.