Author Topic: dr boogie with my jet city ?  (Read 660 times)

zakk33

dr boogie with my jet city ?
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:01:37 PM »
hi

i'm interested in making dr boogie pedal but before buyng all materials i need ,i have a big question maybe diy communauty could help me;)?

in fact i have a jet city amp the 2112rc i don't have effect loop so i must to put it in front of the amp that's ok:)? is not a preamp pedal
 but in the second hand ,in the jet city i don't have a true clean channel, i must to crank the gain up to "2-3" and it crunch is it a problem with this type of pedal?

i hope you could help me :)

cheers from france

bluebunny

Re: dr boogie with my jet city ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:04:06 AM »
Salut Zakk!   :D

The pedal will be fine going into the front of the amp (perhaps better than going through an effects loop).  Don't worry about "clean" or "gain" - if it sounds good (and it probably will) then it is good.  Just be careful with your ears: the Boogie is quite a potent pedal.    :icon_eek:
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

zakk33

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:45:30 AM »
thanx a lot for your answer .i made only one pedal xotic bbpreamp is not the easier pedal but the dr boogie is it much harder?
is the bias of the pots which seem to be difficult :(

have a nice day!

bluebunny

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »
The Boogie is a pretty straightforward build.  I built mine using Madbean's "Chunk Chunk" board.  So long as you have a DMM, biasing the FETs is easy (check out Madbean's build guide here).

vigilante397

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:05:49 AM »
The Boogie is a pretty straightforward build.  I built mine using Madbean's "Chunk Chunk" board.  So long as you have a DMM, biasing the FETs is easy (check out Madbean's build guide here).

Agreed. It's a killer pedal that's pretty straightforward to build, especially on Madbean's Chunk Chunk board.
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

"Tayda's Whipping Boy"

http://www.sushiboxfx.com

zakk33

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »

Agreed. It's a killer pedal that's pretty straightforward to build, especially on Madbean's Chunk Chunk board.

thanx for the advice my project is to buy this one cause i don't get too caught up in it all ,all is is includes without the enclosure and drill with the expedition frm germany it cost me about 60 euros
http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=105_248&products_id=1710&osCsid=2408acdabd87cf6d84110cf1fc46eb4e

the problem is all the manual is in german not in english:(

the madbean is only a layout ?you must to make your pcb :(?

what's a DMM?

thanx
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:41:18 PM by zakk33 »

bluebunny

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 03:51:43 PM »
Google translate will help somewhat with translation, although from what I can see, there's not too much that isn't too difficult to follow (there are lots of pictures!), and (at a glance) it's covering much the same as the Madbean document.  Between Google and using Madbean's guide, you should find it pretty straightforward.  The bulk of it is basic build instructions (start with the lowest components, work upwards...), biasing those FETs, and wiring it all up.  And I'm sure there are one or two German speakers around here who can help.

You can buy a PCB from Madbean.  I've bought several over the years.  The postage is quite reasonable if you buy a few at a time.

And a DMM is a digital multi-meter - for measuring voltages and resistance (and other things too).

Bon courage!   :)

Kingmafw

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
Hi ZAKK33,

I don't know where you live, but I speak German, Dutch and English and probably I can help you out.
If the costs are the problem, maybe we can find another way.

I live in Germany and do a lot with Uwe Kammerich's UK-Electronic. He is my favorite supplier.

Just PM me if you want to talk about it, ok?
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

zakk33

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Google translate will help somewhat with translation, although from what I can see, there's not too much that isn't too difficult to follow (there are lots of pictures!), and (at a glance) it's covering much the same as the Madbean document.  Between Google and using Madbean's guide, you should find it pretty straightforward.  The bulk of it is basic build instructions (start with the lowest components, work upwards...), biasing those FETs, and wiring it all up.  And I'm sure there are one or two German speakers around here who can help.

You can buy a PCB from Madbean.  I've bought several over the years.  The postage is quite reasonable if you buy a few at a time.

And a DMM is a digital multi-meter - for measuring voltages and resistance (and other things too).

Bon courage!   :)

thanx for your encouragements
i have been on madbeans unfortunatly the chunk chunk is discontinued i think to go to uk electronic kit;)